Following a call for candidates from the scientific and technical community and a selection by jury, the members of the committee of experts for the 2017-2020 mandate were appointed at the beginning of 2017.
The Committee of Experts for the 2017-2019 term is chaired by Emmanuel LAGARDE, Research Director at the National Institute of Health and Medical Research, and specialized in the subjects of epidemiology and seniors.
He is assisted in this function by two Vice-Presidents, Marie-Axelle GRANIE (specialising in psychology and gender differences) and Jean-Pascal ASSAILLY (specialising in youth psychology), respectively Research Director and Researcher at the French Institute of Science and Technology, Transport, Planning and Networks (IFSTTAR), appointed by decree on 21 March 2017.
The other members of the 2017-2019 committee of experts are :
- Anne-Claire d'APOLITO (AP-HP): Evaluation of driving skills: after brain injury or after central or peripheral neurological and musculoskeletal damage
- Dominique BOUTON then Laurent ARTH (BEA-TT): the BEA-TT is an ex officio member - Accidentology
- Sandrine GAYMARD (University of Angers): Social psychology, training of professionals in the field of traffic psychology
- Benoit HIRON (Cerema): Accidentology in urban areas
- Sylviane LAFONT (IFSTTAR): Rhone Register
- Marine MILLOT (Cerema): Insertion of public transport in an urban environment and impacts on the accident rate of vulnerable users
- Manuelle SALATHE (ONISR) : the ONISR is an ex officio member - Accidentology
- Marie-Laure SEUX (AP-HP): Clinical Geriatrics, Seniors
- Nicolas SIMON (Marseille University Hospital): Addictologist
- Hélène TATTEGRAIN (IFSTTAR): Driving Ergonomics
- Eric VIOLETTE (Cerema) : Interurban infrastructure - Motorized two-wheelers
The Expert Committee 2017-2019 has produced reports on a variety of road safety topics such as the 80km/h speed limit exemption, personal transport devices (EDP), pedestrian accidentology and automated driving. The reports of the 2017-2019 committee are available by clicking on this link (labelled 2017, 2018 or 2019, in French).